If you have ever harboured a secret wish of finding yourself the sole inhabitant of a beautiful tropical island, but without the effort of having to lift a finger to fend for yourself, Mnemba Island Lodge is just the place for you. Here you will discover sheer, unpretentious paradise, shared with just a handful of other guests and warm, friendly staff.
Mnember Island Lodge – Zanzibar, Tanzania – Rooms 10 (Ref: 2024)
Style: Intimate Barefoot Luxury
Setting: Coral Fringed Paradise
Perfectly Placed For:
- Peace & Relaxation
- Romantic Escapes
- Diving & Snorkelling
- Beachcombing & Nature Watching
Set on a private island off the north-eastern tip of Zanzibar, Mnemba Island Lodge offers guests the perfect destination to get away from it all. With just ten palm-frond guest bandas on the entire island, the only intrusion may be a silent visit from a curious suni antelope or two at sundown. The balmy blue waters of this barefoot paradise invite you to explore the surrounding Indian Ocean. With a dive school and two dives boats for just 20 guests on this tiny island, you will never feel crowded during your underwater adventure.
The pristine white beaches of Mnemba, surrounded by deep blue ocean, combine to make this intimate island your own private tropical paradise, while the dazzling sands and brilliant sunshine invite you to spend idle hours on shore, magnificent coral reefs create an underwater wonderland that lures you to explore the warm, crystal clear waters of the Indian Ocean. Scores of snorkelling and diving sites form a gateway to a world of incredible sea creatures.
Sea breezes waft through high palm-frond roofs and large windows in your beachside banda. Overhead fans in a spacious bedroom filled with soft, natural fabrics and traditional woodcarvings cool down the warm tropical nights. Stretch out on the built-in barazas on your veranda or settle into a plush armchair to enjoy the ocean view.
Should you tire of your solitude, open thatched dining and sitting areas provide the perfect place to watch the sun set. Deep pillows and low wooden tables open up onto majestic views of the white beach with the hazy outline of Zanzibar in the distance.
Enjoy lunch served on large, wooden carved platters, while island crabs scuttle across the sand at your feet. Later, when the magnificent African sky lights up with stars, dinner is served on the beach, with waves as they gently lap on the beach.
This exquisite private island with its white coral sand beaches and spectacular coral reefs is renowned as one of the world’s most romantic ocean destinations, offering a seclusion and rustic exclusivity unparalleled on the African coastline, leaving you with magical memories long after you return home.
- Room rates are US$1,250 per person per night (sharing) and include: Full board, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees and laundry services.
- Mnemba Island Lodge features just 10 secluded thatched Zanzibari bandas. Sea breezes waft through high palm-frond roofs and large windows in your beachside banda.
- Stretch out on the built-in barazas on your veranda or settle into a plush armchair to enjoy the ocean view. Traditional Zanzibari loungers in your private beach sala invite you to spend time in the sun.
- As there are no jetties and departures and landings are directly to and from the beach and involve a little wading
- Watersports included in the tariff: Scuba diving (2 dives per day for guests holding a full PADI certificate only), snorkelling, kayaking, flyfishing, sundowner dhow cruise, and windsurfing.
- Find out more about about this fabulous Island retreat by simply clicking the link: Mnemba Island Lodge
- Perfectly Chilled Travel Directory